Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My email to the co-workers I will miss (& CFL)

I thought I would share with everyone a little email I sent out to the people I will miss the most when I leave:

One of my life goals was to die right in my desk chair. And today, that dream shattered.

Ahem. May I have your attention, please. This will only take a moment of your time. [takes out note and begins reading] 'Although I love this company more than almost anything in the world, I have decided to step down from my post and spend more time with my family. I do not fear the unknown. I will meet my new challenges head on and I will succeed. And I will laugh in the face of those who doubt me. It's been a pleasure working with some of you and I will not forget those of you soon. But remember, while today it is me, we all shall fall.' In other words I'm quitting.

Dwight Schrute