Saturday, March 14, 2009

Just an update

It's been a busy 2 weeks. I went from having no calls, no interviews, no job offers to 4 potential interviews (only actually went to 2 for the same company the other 2 are a couple weeks away) to a job offer! I actually got a job that was the best out of all the jobs applied.

I was pretty hopeful but at times discouraged because I was worried I would run out of unemployment before finding a job. I have to say that it is the grace of God that everything worked out perfectly which brought me to the job. I can think of no other way. My plan was just go for the easy way and get a state job. I had been applying for state jobs only to find that they were on a hiring freeze (which in hindsight worked out), all the job postings I applied on craigslist were not real job postings, or they were really really low pay and they required a lot. Monster had a lot of job postings that I didn't qualify for...except one. I applied thinking they'll never call me but they did! I'm so grateful that I was unemployed for only one month. I sympathize with everyone who is out there looking. It's not fun.

Anyway the job I got is perfect for me because they require me to have high speed internet at home which they will pay $25 a month for! I was like YES! This is so the job for me. The company will also provide me with a laptop and scanner.

My family and P were all so supportive. In hindsight they were right when they said I would end up with something better. Thanks to all the friends who have helped me look, pray and given me advice.

I now have 2 weeks to watch as many Netflix possible (I have been driving them to the mailbox before pick-up times to get them in the next day). Right now I have over 300 in my queue and once I start working I will have to reduce to 3 at a time because I will not have time to watch anymore (plus I'll have the internet so I could watch instantly!)

2 comments:

sjhiro said...

OMIGOSH!!! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! =) =) =)

jaime said...

Cheers to finding a new job!